Colca Canyon Bike Tour - 2 Days 1 Night
First Day : Arequipa - Patapampa - Chivay
We pick you up at 7 am, and then we travel for about 3 hours, on the way you will see Chachani volcano and some vicuñas grazing.
Around 10 we arrive to Patapampa(4950m or 16240 feet), and from here we do some on-road downhill towards Chivay 3600m or 11811 feet), if you want you can stop on the way to buy souvenirs.
At 1pm we go to the Buffete restaurant in which you can try traditional food. After that we can go to "la Calera Hot Springs" by bike or by the 4WD, is just 3 kilometers(1.8 miles)
At 7pm we go for dinner, in the restaurant you will enjoy a folkloric show while you eat.
Second Day: Chivay - Condor Cross Viewpoint - Huambo - El Pedregal - Arequipa
At 6am after breakfast,we pack everything and travel for about 2 hours to Condor Cross Viewpoint, place in which you can appreciate the condors flying around for about an hour.
After this, we ride our bike towards Huambo which could take about 4 hours, the road starts flat , goes a bit up, and then is just straight down to Huambo.
Once in Huambo(3000m or 9842 feet)you will have something to eat(that we provide of course). Then we will go back to Arequipa, on the way you will se a kind of desert and the little volcano. Finaly after 3 hours you will be back in Arequipa.
1. Private 4WD, whole trip
2. English Speaking MT bike guide
3. Mountain bikes in maintenace (disc brakes, aluminum frames, 27 speed, and good suspension).
4. Gloves; windproof and full-finger gloves which can also be worn during the cold season or at high altitudes
5. Helmet; light, ventilated and comfortable for your head
6. Snack, plenty of drinkable water. 1 breakfast, 2 lunches and 1 dinner.
7. First aid kit for all participants